The mouth is one of the least understood part of the human body. The dentalgist team brings you the following unknown facts about this vital part of the human body. Enjoy
90% of a bad breath smell originates in the mouth.
People who smoke are 2-7 times more likely to develop periodontal disease than non-smokers.
3. The average human being produces 100,000 gallons of saliva during their lifetime.
4. Tooth decay is the second most common disease, second only to the common cold.
5. Teeth start to form before we are born.
6. Expectant mothers with poor oral hygiene are 7X more likely to deliver premature and low birth weight babies.
7. People with periodontal disease are 2X more likely to develop heart disease.
8. The first toothbrush with bristles was made in China in 1498. Bristles from hogs, horses, and badgers were used.
9. It takes 43 muscles to frown. It only takes 17 to smile. Really, so frowning is a lot of work!
10. 61% of adults are attracted to somebody by their smile alone. Just smile, it is good for you.